Cummins College of Engineering for Women (CCEW) comes under the umbrella of its parent institution, Maharshi Karve Stree Shikshan Samstha (MKSSS). . Cummins College is the first all women engineering college in India established in the year 1991 with support from Cummins Diesel (India) Foundation. It is located in Pune, Maharashtra State and is well known as ‘Oxford of the East’ with strong Computer, IT, Mechanical, Automobile and Electronics industry hub. The first undergraduate batch of CCEW passed out in July 1995, coinciding with the centenary of its parent institution.
CCEW is recognized for its rigor in academics and dedicated faculty, successful alumnae being its outcome. CCEW has a strong association with the industry and is recognized for providing quality recruits for the industry.
Association of CCEW with Cummins India Foundation
Not limiting itself to financial assistance alone, Cummins has contributed to the development of the college in many ways.
Cummins Signature Project
In less than two decades, this association has bloomed magnificently. Cummins India Foundation has declared the Cummins College as its ‘Signature Project’ and is working hard at ensuring that the college acquires a listing amongst the top colleges in India
Under Signature Project, Cummins foundation has taken many initiatives for infrastructure, faculty and student development.
Cummins Fellowship program
- Cummins Fellowship Program at Purdue University (USA) since 2004.
- Cummins Inc. and Purdue University offer Scholarship to the selected four students- two for Computer and Information technology School (CIT) and two for Mechanical Engineering School (ME).
- Till date, 34 students are benefited. Presently 8 students are on campus.
- Cummins India Foundation has declared Cummins College as their Signature Project.
- The aim of the Signature Project is to enhance Academic Facilities in Cummins College.
Affiliations and Approvals
MKSSS’s Cummins College of Engineering for Women, is approved by All India Council for Technical Education, New Delhi and Directorate of Technical Education, Mumbai. Cummins College is offering five undergraduate programmes and three post graduate programmes. All undergraduates and post graduates programmes are affiliated to Savitribai Phule Pune University.
The departments of Cummins College of Engineering for Women, are accredited in 1998, 2002, 2006, 2012 and 2016 by National Board of Accreditation.
Cummins College is also accredited by NAAC at “A” grade in 2012 and 2017 for next five years.
- Institute is spread over in 4 acres of land with green and beautiful campus.
- All Classrooms are as per AICTE norms with Multimedia facilities.
- Every department has laboratory as per AICTE norms and with state of the art equipments.
- The seminar rooms and tutorial rooms are available as per AICTE norms.
- Institute has 1400 computers connected through LAN and internet facility of 106 Mbps.
- Institute has hostels with wi fi facility and other utilities. All the hostels are located at a walkable distance and accommodate 950 girls
- Well-equipped sports facility. Full time sport’s director and respective sports coaches are available.
- Institute has a well-furnished gymnasium for the girl students.
- Doctor’s clinic is available on the campus.
- Institute has canteen facility.
Academic Programmes Offered
Under Graduate Degree: Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech.)
Four Years academic programmes offered to award degree of B. Tech.
|Name of the Programme||Intake||Intake|
|First Shift||Second Shift|
|B. Tech. Electronics and Telecommunication Engg.||120||60|
|B. Tech. Computer Engineering||120||60|
|B. Tech. Information Technology||60||—|
|B. Tech. Instrumentation and Control Engineering||60||—|
|B. Tech. Mechanical Engineering||60||—|
Post Graduate Degree: Master of Technology (M. Tech.)
Full Time Two Years academic programmes offered to award degree of M. Tech.
|Name of the Programme||Specialization||Intake|
|M. Tech. Instrumentation and Control Engineering||Biomedical Engineering||18|
|M. Tech. Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering||Signal Processing||18|
|M. Tech. Mechanical Engineering||Mechanical Engineering Design||30|
Doctoral Programme : Doctor of Philosophy ( Ph. D.)
|Name of the Programme|
|Ph.D. in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering|
Autonomous Status to the Institute
MKSSS’s Cummins College of Engineering for Women is an autonomous College from Academic Year: 2016-2017.
Autonomy to the Institute
- University Grant Commission has granted academic autonomy to the Cummins College
- Freedom in designing the program structure and Course Contents of undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
- Conduct of Examinations at College level, adhering to the rules and regulations laid down by Governing body of the College.
- Degree will be conferred by Savitribai Phule Pune University.
Memberships of Professional Bodies
The institute has following students’ chapters and branches
- Computer Society of India, CSI
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers ,IEEE
- The Institution of Engineering and Technology, The IET
- International Society of Automation, ISA
- Society of Automotive Engineers INDIA,SAE-India
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers, ASME
The institute has following Institutional Memberships,
- Indian Society for Technical Education, ISTE
- Automotive Research Association of India, ARAI
- British Library